Friday, April 22, 2016

Ipsy Review - March

Ipsy time!



I love getting this bag in the mail! For the price that doesn’t break the budget ($10 including shipping), it is a great deal and you get a little beauty treat each month.  Sometimes they are a complete hit, sometimes a few products are a miss, but it’s always worth at least what I paid regardless!
The theme of this month’s bag is “Hello Spring” and comes in an adorable orangey bag with a rose type pattern on it. I love it! The products are pretty dark to me to be “spring” like, but maybe they just happen to be the colors I got.
Next up…the March Ipsy bag!
1) Mellow Cosmetics Blush in “Bronze” – .16 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Blush two months in a row? Boo.  This color looks a little dark to me; it seems more like a bronzer than a blush.  I prefer rosier or more coral type shades.
Full Size: $10.00 My Value: $10.00


2) Beau Gachis Eyebrow Brush – FULL SIZE
I’m not sure how to use this as an eyebrow brush, I may use it as an eyeliner brush instead!
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00


3) Essence Make Me Brow in “browny brows” – .12 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I don’t do my brows very often since you can’t really see them because of my bangs. If I do my brows, it’s pretty much a waste of product. My first thought when I saw this was how cheap it probably is.  I remember seeing this brand in Ulta and everything was close to $1.
Full Size: $2.99 My Value: $2.99

4)  NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in “Softspoken” – .13 oz (FULL SIZE)
I ‘m not a huge fan of this. It is a little dark for my liking and it is very drying. I put it over a cream lipstick I already had on (well remnants of it) and it feels sooooo dry instantly! Bummer. This only thing I like it that it is very thin and not heavy feeling.
Full Size: $7.00 My Value: $7.00



5)  Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Spray Volume Mist – 1.4 oz.
Wow, this stuff seems to do a lot. It’s a “Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist.” Say that three times fast!! I honestly can’t imagine I’d really notice a difference in my hair when using this stuff, I’d only be hoping it was doing what it was supposed to! The good thing about it is it has a lovely citrusy clean scent. I’d spray it on my hair just for that!
Full Size: $28.00 for 4.8 oz. My Value: $8.16


Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $40.15

This month’s bag is a total miss for me.  Not that Ipsy knows my hairstyle, but I am bummed two of the products are brow products that I won’t get use out of. I can’t fault them for that though. I use both blush and lip gloss, but I don’t like the shades of those that were included this month, so I won’t be using them.  The only thing that can save this is the magical hair mist, but I am not holding high hopes for it since I don’t use many hair products.

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can
sign up here!


(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Aww, it's too bad your March Ipsy Bag was a miss! Mine was actually pretty good, though I didn't receive a blush in February, so it didn't feel like overkill. I got the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels, which I actually love! Hope April's Glam Bag is a better fit for you. :)

    Hillary | www.flinntrospection.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...