Friday, October 9, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - September

Boxy Charm time!

This box has been hitting it out of the park for me lately. It is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like.

The theme this month is “Runway Ready” which I suppose makes sense.  It’s not very creative though.  I could care less though, I am very happy with what I received!

Here is the September Boxy Charm! 


1)            Previse Skincare HydroMilk Hydrating Lotion  – 2 oz. (FULL SIZE)
               $48 for 2 oz. of lotion? Seriously? This stuff better work miracles!
               Full Size: $48.00 My Value: $48.00

2)            Vasanti Professional Foundation Brush  - (FULL SIZE)
                Maybe this is bad, but I just use my fingers to put on foundation.  I feel like it takes so much
                longer to use a brush, because you need to include cleaning time and such.  I don’t
                think I will be using this, but I’ll save it in case I ever decide to start using one! It seems like
                a very nice brush!
                Full Size: $32.00 My Value: $32.00

3)            Tarte SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in “Golden Tigers Eye” – .04 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
                This doesn’t seem like quite my color, but it is really pretty so I am going to give it a try.  If I
                like the formula, maybe I will go buy it in black. I’m excited to try it. I’d say the color is a
                dark bronzy brown, really nice.  I honestly like pencil liners these days….I don’t even know
                who I am! I used to only use gel liners, but I rather not take the time to clean the brush. All
                about saving time here!
                Full Size: $19.00 My Value: $19.00

4)            Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel – .17 oz. (FULL SIZE)
               Well, I can’t say this is something I will ever use.  Since I have bangs, you can’t even see my
               eyebrows.  I barely wax/pluck those things!  I think I have another container of this stuff
               somewhere I’ve had for a while….still unopened. If my eyebrows were visible though, I
               might give it a try.  Seems like it would tame them well!
               Full Size: $18.00 My Value: $18.00

 5)          SCRATCH Nail Wraps in “Lace Work” – (FULL SIZE)
               I don’t usually put any color on my finger nails, but if I do it is pretty neutral.  These wraps
               are fun, but still stay on the neutral side of things!  I can’t wait to try them out! If I like
               them, the company does a $10/month manicure box…that might be fun to try!
               Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

 6)          Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil – .5 oz.
               I’m not totally sure what to do with this stuff. Will it make my hair look oily? I’m not sure
               how an oil can make hair look  “strong, thick and smooth” but I guess I will have to give it a
               try!
               Full Size: $16.50 for 3 oz. My Value: $2.75

7)          Cargo Beach Blush in “Cable Beach”  – .31 (FULL SIZE)
              This item isn’t listed on the card included in my box or mentioned anywhere on the
              website….so I have no clue how it ended up in my box.  I am soooo glad it did though! It is
              beautiful! It’s a bit dark for me, but I think if I do light swipes, it will work out ok.
              Full Size: $30.00 My Value: $30.00

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $161.75

I have no clue why people haven’t jumped on the Boxy Charm train yet….just look at that value!  I got products worth almost 8 times what I paid for the box this month! That is crazy.  Though there are a few products I won’t be using (eyebrow gel and foundation brush) the value is still worth it. Heck, even one product (like the blush) more than covers the cost of the box. The rest are just bonus items.  Great job Boxy Charm!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I’m not a review only blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...