Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ipsy Review - August

Ipsy time!

This is one of my favorite times of the month….I love getting this bag in the mail! For the cost, $10 including shipping , it is such a great deal. If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would try Ipsy first. You can’t really beat that! Getting makeup in the mail is just so fun!

The theme of this month’s bag is “Prep School.” The bag definitely fits this theme, it definitely feels preppy with the hounds tooth. The items though are pretty general and could fall under any theme.  I guess though, they’d be items you’d wear to school!

So here it is…the August Ipsy bag!  

           1)     Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco – .07 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I am totally guessing on everything about this product.  I can’t seem to find it on sale 
            ANYWHERE. Even the link Ipsy gives you takes you to a coupon for the brand and not the 
            actual product.  Judging by the fact that you are only supposed to use a few drops of this, I 
            am saying that it is full size. Totally guessing on the price, but it seems in line with other 
            products by this brand.  As for the actual product, can you really get away with using only a 
            few drops?! This smells nice, but hair oils aren’t really my thing.  My head makes too much 
            of its own oils already thank you very much!
Full Size: $8.00 My Value: $8.00

           2)    Doll 10 HydraGel Cream Blush in “Flirt” – .11 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I am again completely guessing on this because this isn’t a product the brand even sells as far 
            as I can see! What’s with this Ipsy?  Are we getting products that the brand tried out but 
            decided against selling for whatever reason?  Or are they so new there is no info about them 
            at all? For the price, I just looked at the other blush and highlighter compacts they sold and 
            took the average price. If I liked cream blushes, I think this would be a good color.  The 
            problem with cream though is I am afraid I will look like a clown in the end. I am no good at 
            blending this stuff!  Also, $30 for blush is ridiculous.  Heck, I’d pay maybe $10 MAX for 
            blush! All of products from this brand seem to be way overpriced.
Full Size: $30.00 My Value: $30.00

            3)    bella pierre Lipstick in P.I.N.K.  – 3.5 g. (FULL SIZE)
            Although this color is not as bright as I usually receive, it is still too much for me. It’s a 
            fairly dark mauve pink color. Also, this lipstick smells really good. Or weird.  I’m not sure 
            which. It smells like Nesquick cocoa powder to me, chocolatey.  Which is a good smell, but 
            quite odd for a lipstick!
Full Size: $20.00 My Value: $20.00

4)  Lather Ultra Mild Face Wash – 1 oz.
I love trying out new fash cleaners, so this is right up my alley.  It’s the perfect size to take while traveling, so I will be waiting to try it out. It does smell pretty soapy, but I can’t say I dislike that.
Full Size: $18.00 for 6 oz. My Value: $3.00

       5)  Lord & Berry Lip Liner in “Nude” – .14 oz. – (FULL SIZE)
I’m sorry, but this color should not be named nude.  I’d go with maybe berry?  It’s quite dark. It’s almost brown with a hint of pink.  That being said, I don’t use lip liner at all, so this is not for me. I am assuming this is a full size pencil, though it is a bit shorter than most pencils I’ve seen.
Full Size: $18.00 My Value: $18.00

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $79.00

Man, this month really missed the mark for me.  The overall value is great, but the only thing I can really see myself using is the face wash. Boring! I’ve seen a lot of friends lately jumping ship on this subscription…I wonder if it is time for me to do the same? Hopefully they step it up soon!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...