Friday, July 17, 2015

Ipsy Review - June

Well it's that time again...Ipsy review time!

Since I am a little behind, you get two reviews this month. Good thing this is my favorite beauty bag!  This is the best bag out there for the cost, so if you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first. $10 for everything including shipping?  You can’t really beat that!
 
June's theme was "Swim Into Beauty" which I find very fitting!  The bag was black neoprene with an orange zipper.  It felt just like a wet suit...pretty cool!
 

So here it is…the June Ipsy bag!  
 
        
   1)     Pure Brazilian Miracle Leave-In Conditioner – 1 oz.
           First of all, I will this smelled better.  I was hoping it would smell like coconuts or something
           summery. Its got almost a soapy flowery smell to it. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet (you
           know, that whole no time to wash my hair thing) but I hope it doesn't make my hair greasy. 
           Leave in conditioners tend to do that! This is sold in a 1 oz. travel size, so that's the price I am
           using.
Full Size: $6.00 My Value: $6.00

          2)    dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleaner Blackhead Extractor Mask - .25 oz.
            I am excited to try this!  I love face masks and this one sounds pretty awesome.  I have heard
            of something like this in another (very expensive) brand, so its nice to get a sample to try. One
            thing that does bother me though is the sample tube isn't even half full...it feels like a rip-off!
Full Size: $45.00 for 1 oz. My Value: $11.25

           3)    treStique Mini Shadow Crayon in "Aspen Pine"  – .02 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I'm not overly thrilled by this, but I also don' hate it. I am not a big cream shadow person, but
            if this lives up to its "12 hour" promise, I may be a convert! The color is a brown with the
            slightest hint of green...which I wish it didn't have!
Full Size: $32.00 for three My Value: $10.67

4)  Shea Moisture Shea Butter Lip Crayon in "Sarah" – .1 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This sounds like it would be really awesome...but sadly its just not my color. It is WAY too bright for me.  When is Ipsy going to send me more natural looking colors?!
Full Size: $9.99 My Value: $9.99

       5)  Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer  – .25 oz.
Well this is certainly nothing new to me, but it doesn't hurt to add another container to my stash...thanks Ipsy!I rarely use primers (I mean, I barely do my makup most days now) but I have used this one a few times.  I don't see the big deal honestly...
Full Size: $36.00 for 1 oz. My Value: $9.00

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $46.91

I'd say I am neural on this months bag. There's nothing in it I absolutely love, but I will be trying most of the products at least.  I a pretty bummed about the lip crayon though. Ipsy , why don't you get that I don't like bright colors?!?  

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...