Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ipsy Review - February

Ipsy!  Ipsy! Ipsy!

I feel like this bag took forever to get to me this month.  I used to get it around the 10th, now its almost always a week after that.  Boo! That being said, this is still one of my favorite times of the month….I love getting this bag in the mail! I think it’s the best bag out there, especially for such a low price of $10!  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first.

The theme of this month’s bag is “Ipsy Love,” which fits the month. I think the pink patterned bag is really cute!

So here it is…the February Ipsy bag!  

            1)     Luxie Large Angled Brush – (FULL SIZE)
            I already have a brush like this that I barely use, but I think its because its just too flimsy. It 
            barely puts any color on my face!  I am excited to try this one, especially with one of the 
            products below. Hopefully it will be better!
Full Size: $16.00 My Value: $16.00

           2)    ‘tini beauty Eye Shadow in “Pearl Fizz” – .06 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            This seems like such a boring color to me, but then I realized I’ve been searching for a  
            “highlight” color like this to include in my makeup bag.   I always use a highlight color, but 
            a few of the eye shadow palettes I own don’t actually include one light enough for that 
            purpose (which I find odd) so this will come in handy.  I can keep it in my bag for when I 
            need a lighter color.
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

           3)    Cargo Lip Gloss in “Anguilla” – 4.5 mL (FULL SIZE)
            Ok the sizing on this seems really odd, I can’t figure it out.  Online, their full size product 
            shows at 2.5 mL, but this one is 4.5 mL?  So they are calling in a “mini” lip gloss but it is 
            almost twice the size of a regular one?  And jeez, a regular one has to be really small 
            considering this one is pretty tiny.  Not worth it to me. As for my review, this totally isn’t my 
            color so I won’t be using it, which is a bummer. I am a big fan of lip glosses!
Full Size: $16.00 for 2.5 mL My Value: $29.52

4)  Model Co Blush in “Peach Bellini” – .12 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Oddly enough, this week I have really been in search of a good peach colored blush!  This one seems like it may be a bit too dark, but I’ll have to try it to find out!  My current blush brush was too rough for this brand of blush last time I tried it (way too much wasted product), so maybe I can use my new brush to try this one out! I am guessing a bit on the value here, as this size actually includes a mini brush on their website.
Full Size: $22.00 (includes mini brush) My Value: $18.00

       5)  Joya No. 1 Parfum – .05 oz.
As I am not too into smelling like a flowering grandma, this isn’t really for me. I do find the packaging interesting though, it’s a teeny tiny rollerball!
Full Size: $30.00 for .34 oz My Value: $4.41

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $79.93

Ooo I actually really like this month’s bag!  The lip gloss isn’t totally my color and the perfume doesn’t suit me, but the other items are right up my alley!  For the $10 I paid, I think I got a great deal!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I just want to get out of the waiting list already so I can start getting these cute bags lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get this bag just for the brush. I do hope it works out better for you than the one you currently use!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...