Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Ipsy Review - January

Ipsy time!  

As always, this is one of my favorite times of the month….I love getting this bag in the mail! I think it’s the best bag out there, especially for such a low price of $10!  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first.

The theme of this month’s bag is “Fresh Start,” which is cute. The colors of the bag, bright blue, white and coral definitely feel fresh! (The other side of the bag in the picture is completely white)

So here it is…the January Ipsy bag!  

           1)     Hikari Eyeliner in “Storm” – .01 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I seriously had to google this eyeliner to see what color “storm” was. It’s grey. So yeah.   
            Even though I have been venturing out and using pencil eyeliner (gasp!) I am just not ready 
            to do grey.  I really only like black on my eyes, I look too washed out otherwise.
Full Size: $13.00 My Value: $13.00

            2)    Eco-Beauty Good Day Moisturizer – .5 oz.
            This is so underwhelming to me. There is nothing exciting about a regular old moisturizer!  I  
            currently use one from LUSH, so I will be sticking with that. Especially for the price of this 
            stuff!
Full Size: $40.00 for 1.7 oz. My Value: $11.76

           3)    Pacifica Natural Mineral Eye Shadow in “Treasure” – .08 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            Though this is a pretty color, I am not a fan of Pacifica brand at all. It seems so darn cheap to 
            me. I’ve tried one of their eye shadows and it had virtually no color payoff at all.  Now, I will 
            forever assume the rest of their makeup is crap as well! Please stop putting this brand in my 
            bag ipsy, it makes me sad. Do I have the wrong idea? Is this makeup better than I think?!
Full Size: $15.00 My Value: $15.00

4)  Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm – .2 oz.
I am very excited for this!  I am always looking for a good lip balm as I always seem to have dry lips.  This is one I have seen before and I have been wanting to try it.  I used it once last night and so far so good!
Full Size: $12.00 .35 oz. My Value: $6.85

5)  Manna Kadar Cosmetics  Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion – .27 oz.
I wish we wouldn’t have just gotten something like this last month, I think I would be a little more excited about it.  I have several little tubes of this kind of product in different brands and they seriously last me forever…maybe because I rarely use them? I am confident I won’t ever be buying this in the full size!
Full Size: $24.00 for 1 oz My Value: $6.48

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $53.09

Man, I seem so negative in this review!  I guess I really try to look at the products and how I personally will use them, not how awesome they might be for others. That being said, I am really excited for the lip balm.  It pretty much makes the January bag worth it for me.

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...