Monday, December 8, 2014

Baby Details

So now that you all know why the heck I've been so sporadic with my posting, I thought I would give ya'll some more details!  Over the weeks I kind of chronicled our experiences and how I was feeling, so I thought I would share.  Hopefully soon I will begin doing weekly posts, but this week I am going to catch you up on everything!

September 26th: The day we found out

 

 - C and I had been talking about kids for a long time and knew we wanted to try as soon as possible. I stopped taking my birth control on August 24th (when I should have started a new pack) and knew it would be perfect timing to start trying after our wedding two weeks later. We even bought a cute little "Maui" onesie while we were there, just in case. After we returned from our honeymoon, I expected to see Aunt Flow.  I was getting symptoms, but nothing was happening yet.  I chalked it up to my body just trying to get settled in its role after not having to ovulate for so long.  A week past when I expected it, a week full of sore breasts and cramps, I started to think differently. I spent hours on google trying to decipher what my symptoms meant. Could this be it?  C and I had decided to put off a test for a while, thinking things would change.  But they just didn't.  That night we went to dinner for Arizona Restaurant week (where tons of restaurants have special 3 or 4 course dinners for cheaper prices).  We chose a fancy steakhouse that we would never pay for otherwise.  We talked a lot about the "What If's" at dinner and finally, I decided I just couldn't wait anymore.  If there was a little one, I wanted to make sure I was eating the right things and taking care of myself. We stopped by CVS on the way home to pick up a test. We bought a two pack, just in case.  Might as well be practical with our money right? We could use the second one at another time.  We got home and I immediately went to take the test.  I was soooo scared to look at it.  Our lives could be totally changing.  Also, I didn't really want to feel the bummer of it being negative. Well that amazing word didn't take long to show up....Pregnant! Holy cow!  I was in shock.  Its funny thinking back on it, I did almost the same thing I did when C proposed.  I hid my face and turned away! Apparently, that is my shocked reaction.  We immediately took the photo above for future use and began talking about our excitement!  A month after we started trying....we found out we were successful.  C says "We are batting 1000!' The next day, just for fun, I decided to take the second test we had bought "just for fun." I mean, don't all pregnant women take multiple tests?  The funny part is it changed what it say on the front! I went from 2-3 weeks to 3 weeks, overnight!


October 9th: Our confirmation appointment
- I originally had an appointment scheduled for the 6th but the doctor had to call and change it.  Hello!  Do you know how hard it is to wait for that appointment? Oh man, I was on pins and needles. I was so excited that I got to the doctors office almost 20 minutes early.  If you know me at all, that's something I do not do.  I am never early! After waiting for what seemed like forever, the doctor came in and congratulated us. It was finally confirmed, we are having a baby! She told us we were about 6 1/2 weeks along and our due date would be May 30th.  I was really surprised and confused by how far along I was, but then she explained they go by the first day of your last cycle.  So though I was 6 1/2 along in pregnancy terms, I really had only been pregnant for about 4 weeks. Ah ok, phew. We had ourselves a honeymoon baby....or even possible a wedding night baby haha.

October 14th: Our first ultrasound
- I can't say enough how amazing this experience was.  It was sooo neat to see our little blueberry on the screen.  Hearing the heartbeat was awesome too.  My only complaint was she let us hear it for maybe 6 seconds before she was off doing new things.  I would have loved to listen to it longer! C was a little squeamish about the whole process, but he made it through like a champ. We held hands the entire time and I definitely had some tears! Based on baby's size, she moved up the date to May 25th.  I'm not sure that means anything though, cause I mean, have you seen the size of daddy?


Teeny tiny baby!
 Next up are my weekly thoughts up until now, I even have some tiny bump pictures!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...