Monday, October 27, 2014

Ipsy Review - October

Ipsy time!  

It was lovely to come back from my Honeymoon with all sorts of awesome beauty goodies waiting for me!

I really think this is the best bag out there, especially for the price…just $10 a month!  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first.

The theme of this month’s bag is “Beauty Candy” Again, the theme is a bit odd to me.  At most, 2 of the items match it!

Anyways…. Here is the October Ipsy bag!  

            1)     ECRY New York Acacia Protien BB Cream – 1 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            This is apparently a beauty balm for hair.  I guess it’s almost like a leave in conditioner?  I’m 
            not too sure I will love this, these kinds of things generally leave my hair pretty greasy.  I am 
            willing to try it though.  This one smells slightly manly which I think is odd. Also, this is a 
            full size.  I 100% thought this was a sample size!
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

            2)    Jesse’s Girl Mineralized Baked Eye Shadow in “Graphite Frost” – .07 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            Ok what am I missing about ”baked” beauty items?  What is the big deal with these?  This 
            looks pretty cool in the packaging, but I am sure after swiping it with a brush and putting it 
            on my eye it will just be grey.  The case for this is also pretty darn big, I wouldn’t want to 
            have this taking up that much space in my beauty collection! I guess I really have to be 
            thankful though, some people got this shadow in bright blue, yellow or green!  I like this  
            color the best.
Full Size: $3.99 My Value: $3.99

            3)    Skyn Iceland  Glacial Cleansing Cloths – 10 cloths
             I could always use more makeup remover clothes.  I have no clue what makes these any 
            different than the rest on the market, but they are a welcome addition to my beauty cabinet! 
            The only thing I can say I noticed right away was the smell.  It was clean, but not 
            overpowering.  I really like that.
Full Size: $15.00 for 30 My Value: $5.00

 4)  Noyah All Natural Lipstick in “Deeply in Mauve”  – .049 oz.
Meh.  A purple lipstick like this is totally not my thing.
Full Size: $18.00 for .16 oz. My Value: $5.51

       5)  Figs & Rouge Mango Mandarin Hand Cream – .67 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This smells really good.  I think it is the perfect size and weight to throw in my purse, which is exactly what I did!  I am not much of a lotion user, but it is nice to have some just in case.  When it’s in a small, light container like this, it’s a perfect candidate!
Full Size: $6.56 My Value: $6.56

       6)  BONUS - Milani Runway Lashes in “Black” – .3 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I got the next two items with my ipsy points. I can always use another black mascara, not sure there is anything new and exciting about this one.
Full Size: $4.99 My Value: $4.99

       7)  BONUS - Milani Liquid Eye Liner Pencil in “Black” – .04 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This is the reason I chose the Milani items as my bonus gift.  I really like the sound of this eye liner.  I love liquid liners and I have just recently started using pencil liner (go me!) so I am excited to try it!
Full Size: $6.99 My Value: $6.99
 
Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value w/o Bonus: $33.06
Final Value with Bonus: $45.04

My first thought on this is it’s a pretty dang low value.  I guess I shouldn’t complain, it’s still well worth the $10 I paid! I really love most of the items and definitely see myself getting use of them.  The lipstick is a bust, but thankfully its tiny so I don’t see a big loss there!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I got the bright blue eyeshadow...I have no idea what I'm going to do with it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...