Friday, August 8, 2014

Starbox Review - July

Starbox time!  

If you don’t remember, Starbox is a monthly beauty box that is $15 a month (plus a few dollars S&H) and comes with 3-4 FULL SIZED products each time.  No tiny lotion samples!
The website says the makeup line is comparable to MAC, Chanel, Sephora and other department store lines.  It also says that the value of each monthly box ranges from $35.00 to $99.00.

I am only one or two months away from cancelling this box.  I just don’t love it as much as I used to, so it’s on probation right now. I will likely wait to make up my mind until after their quarterly gift, which I believe comes next month.

The theme of this box is “Nylon Pink” which I know nothing about. After some googling, I found out that they are the only Asian-American all girl rock band in the US.  So…..they are picking my make up this month?

Here it is….the July Starbox!  

       
           1)     Starlooks Eye Pencil in “Blue Chill” -  .08 oz  (FULL SIZE)
I guess if I wore eye liner pencils this would be a decent item. The blue color is pretty. It’s not too crazy bright, but you can tell it is definitely a blue. Alas, I don’t use eyeliner pencils though.
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

           2)    Starlooks Eye Shadow in “Traffic Yellow”– .11 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I’m sorry but what?  How many people would ever use yellow shadow that often?   
            Traffic Yellow sounds so far from appealing to me.  I definitely won’t be using this.   
            It’s not even a pretty gold tone, its dirty yellow. Boo.
           Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

           3)    Starlooks Tender Gloss in “Pooh Bear”  – .13 oz. (FULL SIZE)
When I read the name of this lipstick I was instantly afraid to open it.  I KNEW I wouldn’t like it.  I mean, Pooh is yellow and the only other color to him is his bright red shirt.  Imagine my surprise when the lipstick was neither of those, but still ugly.  Only certain people can get away with electric orange lips and I am not one of them.  Another fail.
            Full Size: $13.00 My Value: $13.00

           4)    Starlooks Lip Pencil in “Tipsy”  – .08 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I think this is the only thing in the box that a normal makeup user might wear.  It’s just a pinkish nude lip pencil, nothing new.  Too bad I don’t use lip pencils either!
           Full Size: $13.00 My Value: $13.00

Final Cost: $17.58
Final Value: $45.00

Whelp, this whole box was a waste of $17.58 for me.  What a bummer. The idea was fun, but the company didn’t even come close to playing it safe. I am pretty sure majority of their subscribers aren’t ones to wear makeup like this.

Funny thing, last month I said I thought this box was running out of original things, it just seemed to be the same old boring stuff.  Guess I got what I asked for right?!?  Haha oh man.

What do you think?

If you’d like to try Starbox you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...