Friday, August 29, 2014

Ipsy Bag Review - August

Ipsy time!

As always, this is one of my favorite times of the month….I love getting this bag in the mail! As I’ve always said, this is the best bag out there, especially for such a low price.  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first.

Also, it’s only $10 a month….how can you not go for it? 

The theme of this month’s bag is “Beauty Schooled.”  I don’t quite get the correlation with the items, but that seems to be a normal thing for me.  Is it just me or are they really reaching on the “themes” these days? The little white and orange polka dot bag is definitely cute though!
Anyways…. Here is the August Ipsy bag!  

           1)     Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer  - .25 oz.
            I haven’t really found a primer I love yet. I have tried several different ones and haven’t 
            really seen a benefit to them, so I currently don’t use them. Maybe this will be the one!
Full Size: $45.00 1 oz. My Value: $11.25

           2)    Urban Decay Perversion Mascara   .1 oz.
            I am quite excited about this!  I love getting big name brands like Urban Decay in my Ipsy 
            bag and this is definitely a product I can’t wait to try!
Full Size: $22.00 for .4 oz. My Value: $5.50

            3)    J.cat Beauty Eyeshadow in “Half Naked” – .09 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            Normally I would’t use these single shadows (I’ve become addicted to palettes lately) but I 
            actually really like this color.  It is a pretty peachy color with not too much orange, which is 
            really nice.  I still have to test it out though to see how pigmented it is and if it really has 
            staying power.
Full Size: $2.99 My Value: $2.99

4)  Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner – .15 oz.
I am constantly trying to find the perfect lip product.  I have thyroid problems and I recently learned that with that comes very dry lips.  I hope this will be a good addition to my growing collection of lip conditioners!
Full Size: $5.50 My Value: $5.50

       5) Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk – 1.06 oz.
I have been wanting to try this dry shampoo for awhile!  I have been pretty lazy lately and put my hair up probably 5 days out of the week.  Maybe this stuff will give me the opportunity to do more with my hair down!
Full Size: $19.50 for 3.2 oz. My Value: $6.45


Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $31.69

Though this bag doesn’t have the greatest value, I like every single item in the bag! I am really excited to use each item, which I am not sure has every happened before. Ipsy finally got it right for me this time and I am really happy about it.

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...