Friday, July 25, 2014

Boxy Charm Review - July

Boxy Charm time!

This box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 

This box came later than it used to, which bummed me out a little.  I used to get it in the first or second week of the month, now its almost the last!

The theme is “America the Beautiful” which is cute, but again coming much closer to the 4th would have made it even more fun!

That being said, here is the July Boxy Charm!  

            1)      Pur~lisse Pur Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer –  1.7 oz. (FULL SIZE)
             I’ve gotten the regular moisturizer from this brand in a different box and I do have to say I 
             liked it. I would not, however, spend $55 on the darn thing.  I mean, it’s almost the size of 
             the tubes of lotion you can get for $1 at Target….it’s definitely not that amazing!
Full Size: $55.00My Value: $55.00

            2)      Appeal Cosmetics Luxurious Lipstick in “Mock Up”– .06 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
I actually really like the looks of this lipstick, it may be the perfect color for me.  It’s not too nude and not too pink. Also, it’s not red! Yay!  Oh yeah, it’s also not worth the $22 price tag. Who the heck pays that much for an unknown brand?
Full Size: $22.00 My Value: $22.00

3)   Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish in “Rodeo Drive”– .5 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
Though this color may not be for me, I do have to say I adore the packaging.  It is cute and whimsical and I love the look of it! Again, not sure I’d pay that price for it though.
Full Size: $18.00 My Value: $18.00

4)   bellapierre Shimmer Powder in “Harmony” –  .08 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I have a powder like this as well and I really do love it.  The shimmer of it is beautiful.  I am quite happy to add another color to my collection!
Full Size: $14.99 My Value: $14.99

5)   bellapierre Natural Lip Liner in “Nude” – .06 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I’m not one to use lip liners very often, but I guess it is cool that this one is all natural. The color actually looks like it could work for me as well. A lot of the really tan kinds of colors look terrible on me!
Full Size: $18.00 My Value: $18.00

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $127.99

Well this looks like a fantastic value, but as always I think that is more due to really high prices of the items.  I do think I will get use out of almost all of them though, which is great!

I can’t wait to use the lipstick and the shimmer powder for sure.

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...