Monday, April 14, 2014

Starbox Review - March

Starbox time!  

I almost completely forgot to post this review!  I'm thinking maybe it was because I was a little underwhelmed….

Last month I said I was on the verge on stopping this box…..but that was before I found out what the “quarterly gift” was for being a subscriber.  You guys?  They sent me a $35 credit to use in their store!  That’s like the price of two whole boxes.  I will be keeping this box just for that reason alone. That brings the retail price of each box down to $5.91 and I got to pick out some extra goodies that I really wanted!

If you don’t remember, Starbox is a monthly beauty box that is $15 a month (plus a few dollars S&H) and comes with 3-4 FULL SIZED products each time.  No tiny lotion samples!
The website says the makeup line is comparable to MAC, Chanel, Sephora and other department store lines.  It also says that the value of each monthly box ranges from $35.00 to $99.00.

This month’s box was a signature edition in the name of Ashley Hackman. Too bad I have no clue who that is.  The card says she is an Entrepreneur, Makeup Artist, and YouTube Sensation. Right. 

So here we go….the March Starbox!  

      1)     Starlooks Lipstick in “Boss”– .13 oz  (FULL SIZE)
Oh hey look. A red lipstick. Again. Ugh. Do I need to say anything more?
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

     2)    Starlooks Lipliner in “Cherry Cedar”– 2.4 g. (FULL SIZE)
            And a red lipliner. How fitting. Also useless to me.
           Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

     3)    Starlooks Infinity Eyeliner in “Black Hole” – .12 oz. (FULL SIZE)
          Now here’s something that makes me happy! As most of you know I use a gel liner 
          every single day, so this will really come in handy. In fact, I have been using it for the 
          last few weeks since I got this. It is definitely comparable to my MAC gel liner.  My  
          only complaint it is takes a bit of extra work to get this to come off at night!
         Full Size: $13.00 My Value: $13.00

Final Cost: $17.58
Final Value: $37.00

Even though I hated two of the products, the gel liner more than made up for it.  I will get full usage of that and it is something I will be using every day! I will be keeping this box a few more months to see if the loyalty gift next quarter is still as great!

If you are curious, these are the items I picked out with my gift:

Starlooks Satin Lipstick in “Streep”
Starlooks Tendergloss in “Sugar Lips”
Starlooks Tendergloss in “Cherub”
Starlooks All Natural Lip Scrub

I actually like all of the colors I picked out!

What do you think?

If you’d like to try Starbox you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



1 comment:

  1. Love the gifts you got to pick, and Gel liner ROCKS! Can't wait to see what your next quarterly gift is!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...